CREATIVE PARAMETERS FOR THE SONNET PROJECT:
- New York Shakespeare Exchange will assign the sonnet location, the actor, and a text coach.
- The "starring roles" in each video are Shakespeare's language, the specific NYC location, and the director's interpretation.
- Director is responsible for equipment needs.
- Director requests for basic actor type (e.g., gender, age-range, etc.) will be taken into consideration when possible. Requests to work with a specific actor will be taken on a case-by-case basis.
- All secondary or extras casting are the reponisibility of the film maker.
- The NYSX text coach will work with each actor on interpreting the language, and will be present "on set" to assist with rhetorical technique and clarity of Shakespearean thought. The text coach will also be available to the director for any textual analysis questions.
- Video length must be 4 minutes or less.
- Submitted footage must be fully edited and in an "audience ready" form. NY Shakespeare Exchange will provide logos and specifications for titles and credits.
- The delivery format is 1920x1080, progressive scan, 23.98FPS.
- Two versions of the finished film are required: 1) YouTube ready; 2) full quality.
- Video must be delivered within two weeks of the shoot date. Scheduling exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
From you have I been absent in the spring,
When proud pied April, dressed in all his trim,
Hath put a spirit of youth in every thing,
That heavy Saturn laughed and leapt with him.
Yet nor the lays of birds, nor the sweet smell
Of different flowers in odour and
Could make me any summer's story tell,
Or from their proud lap pluck them where they grew:
Nor did I wonder at the lily's white,
Nor praise the deep vermilion in the rose;
They were but sweet, but figures of delight,
Drawn after you, you
pattern of all those.
Yet seemed it winter still, and you away,
As with your shadow I with these did play.