CREATIVE PARAMETERS FOR THE SONNET PROJECT:
- New York Shakespeare Exchange will assign the sonnet location, the actor, and a text coach.
- The "starring roles" in each video are Shakespeare's language, the specific NYC location, and the director's interpretation.
- Director is responsible for equipment needs.
- Director requests for basic actor type (e.g., gender, age-range, etc.) will be taken into consideration when possible. Requests to work with a specific actor will be taken on a case-by-case basis.
- All secondary or extras casting are the reponisibility of the film maker.
- The NYSX text coach will work with each actor on interpreting the language, and will be present "on set" to assist with rhetorical technique and clarity of Shakespearean thought. The text coach will also be available to the director for any textual analysis questions.
- Video length must be 4 minutes or less.
- Submitted footage must be fully edited and in an "audience ready" form. NY Shakespeare Exchange will provide logos and specifications for titles and credits.
- The delivery format is 1920x1080, progressive scan, 23.98FPS.
- Two versions of the finished film are required: 1) YouTube ready; 2) full quality.
- Video must be delivered within two weeks of the shoot date. Scheduling exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Some say thy fault is youth, some wantonness;
Some say thy grace is youth and gentle sport;
Both grace and faults are lov'd of more and less:
Thou mak'st faults graces that to thee resort.
As on the finger of a throned queen
The basest jewel
will be well esteem'd,
So are those errors that in thee are seen
To truths translated, and for true things deem'd.
How many lambs might the stern wolf betray,
If like a lamb he could his looks translate!
How many gazers mightst thou lead away,
thou wouldst use the strength of all thy state!
But do not so; I love thee in such sort,
As, thou being mine, mine is thy good report.