CREATIVE PARAMETERS FOR THE SONNET PROJECT:
- New York Shakespeare Exchange will assign the sonnet location, the actor, and a text coach.
- The "starring roles" in each video are Shakespeare's language, the specific NYC location, and the director's interpretation.
- Director is responsible for equipment needs.
- Director requests for basic actor type (e.g., gender, age-range, etc.) will be taken into consideration when possible. Requests to work with a specific actor will be taken on a case-by-case basis.
- All secondary or extras casting are the reponisibility of the film maker.
- The NYSX text coach will work with each actor on interpreting the language, and will be present "on set" to assist with rhetorical technique and clarity of Shakespearean thought. The text coach will also be available to the director for any textual analysis questions.
- Video length must be 4 minutes or less.
- Submitted footage must be fully edited and in an "audience ready" form. NY Shakespeare Exchange will provide logos and specifications for titles and credits.
- The delivery format is 1920x1080, progressive scan, 23.98FPS.
- Two versions of the finished film are required: 1) YouTube ready; 2) full quality.
- Video must be delivered within two weeks of the shoot date. Scheduling exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Those hours, that with gentle work did frame
The lovely gaze where every eye doth dwell,
Will play the tyrants to the very same
And that unfair which fairly doth excel;
For never-resting time leads summer on
To hideous winter, and confounds him there;
Sap checked with frost, and lusty leaves quite gone,
Beauty o'er-snowed and bareness every where:
Then were not summer's distillation left,
A liquid prisoner pent in walls of glass,
Beauty's effect with beauty were bereft,
Nor it, nor no
remembrance what it was:
But flowers distilled, though they with winter meet,
Leese but their show; their substance still lives sweet.