CREATIVE PARAMETERS FOR THE SONNET PROJECT:
- New York Shakespeare Exchange will assign the sonnet location, the actor, and a text coach.
- The "starring roles" in each video are Shakespeare's language, the specific NYC location, and the director's interpretation.
- Director is responsible for equipment needs.
- Director requests for basic actor type (e.g., gender, age-range, etc.) will be taken into consideration when possible. Requests to work with a specific actor will be taken on a case-by-case basis.
- All secondary or extras casting are the reponisibility of the film maker.
- The NYSX text coach will work with each actor on interpreting the language, and will be present "on set" to assist with rhetorical technique and clarity of Shakespearean thought. The text coach will also be available to the director for any textual analysis questions.
- Video length must be 4 minutes or less.
- Submitted footage must be fully edited and in an "audience ready" form. NY Shakespeare Exchange will provide logos and specifications for titles and credits.
- The delivery format is 1920x1080, progressive scan, 23.98FPS.
- Two versions of the finished film are required: 1) YouTube ready; 2) full quality.
- Video must be delivered within two weeks of the shoot date. Scheduling exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
O! for my sake do you with Fortune chide,
The guilty goddess of my harmful deeds,
That did not better for my life provide
Than public means which public manners breeds.
Thence comes it that my name receives a brand,
And almost thence my nature is
To what it works in, like the dyer's hand:
Pity me, then, and wish I were renewed;
Whilst, like a willing patient, I will drink
Potions of eisel 'gainst my strong infection;
No bitterness that I will bitter think,
Nor double penance, to correct
Pity me then, dear friend, and I assure ye,
Even that your pity is enough to cure me.