CREATIVE PARAMETERS FOR THE SONNET PROJECT:
- New York Shakespeare Exchange will assign the sonnet location, the actor, and a text coach.
- The "starring roles" in each video are Shakespeare's language, the specific NYC location, and the director's interpretation.
- Director is responsible for equipment needs.
- Director requests for basic actor type (e.g., gender, age-range, etc.) will be taken into consideration when possible. Requests to work with a specific actor will be taken on a case-by-case basis.
- All secondary or extras casting are the reponisibility of the film maker.
- The NYSX text coach will work with each actor on interpreting the language, and will be present "on set" to assist with rhetorical technique and clarity of Shakespearean thought. The text coach will also be available to the director for any textual analysis questions.
- Video length must be 4 minutes or less.
- Submitted footage must be fully edited and in an "audience ready" form. NY Shakespeare Exchange will provide logos and specifications for titles and credits.
- The delivery format is 1920x1080, progressive scan, 23.98FPS.
- Two versions of the finished film are required: 1) YouTube ready; 2) full quality.
- Video must be delivered within two weeks of the shoot date. Scheduling exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
My love is strengthened, though more weak in seeming;
I love not less, though less the show appear;
That love is merchandized, whose rich esteeming,
The owner's tongue doth publish every where.
Our love was new, and then but in the spring,
I was wont to greet it with my lays;
As Philomel in summer's front doth sing,
And stops his pipe in growth of riper days:
Not that the summer is less pleasant now
Than when her mournful hymns did hush the night,
But that wild music burthens every
And sweets grown common lose their dear delight.
Therefore like her, I sometime hold my tongue:
Because I would not dull you with my song.